During these uncertain times, we would like to ensure our prospective Guests are aware of Jayne’s Cancellation Policies.
All rentals of less than 30 days could be in jeopardy if there is an Emergency Order / Stay at Home Order in place during their rental.
- If the booking is over 30 days then the rental is allowed to proceed.
- All rentals for less than 30 days are subject to cancelled if there is an Emergency Order. Refer to cancellation terms on your Guest Agreement.
- For US and International Guests, as COVID-19 is a known disease, there are no exceptions for cancellation due to border closures.
Cancellation Insurance available through Jayne’s
In all cases, we recommend Guests consider Cancellation Insurance. We are a Manulife agent and can provide you with a quote.
Other options would be looking at your bank, your credit card company, or another direct insurance provider.
Jayne’s Cancellation Policy
- If rental is under $20,000/week, a Guest may cancel the agreement 150 days prior to the start of the rental period and the deposit will be returned, less a fee of $2,000/week of reservation. For rentals at $20,000/week and over, the cancellation fee is $4,000/week of rental.
- If the Guest cancels the agreement 61 to 149 days prior to the start of the rental, all deposits will be forfeited.
- If the Guest cancels the agreement less than 60 days before the start of the rental agreement, the Guest is responsible for the full amount of the rent and is not entitled to any refund.
Jayne’s Cleaning Protocol
In the event of the government-issues another lockdown / “stay-at-home order”, all rentals of less than 30 days will unfortunately have to be cancelled. For this reason, many of our owners would prefer to secure rentals of 30 days or longer, to avoid the possibility of future cancellations.
Further, due to the uncertainty of the virus and the inability to predict its course over the next few months, many owners have yet to provide us with their rental availability currently. While we have several one or two-week options available for some cottages, most cottages are looking for 30 days or longer.
We ask for your patience and understanding as you progress through the booking process; rest assured we will try our absolute best to accommodate your request.
We sincerely hope that you and your loved ones are safe and healthy and continue to follow government procedures.
All of us here at Jayne’s understand that we have a responsibility in ensuring the health and safety to not only our Owners, Guests, Employees but to our local Community Partners and to everyone who visits the Muskoka region.
Please note Jayne’s Luxury Rentals office is currently closed until February 12th due to the Province-Wide Shutdown. Our office staff continue to be available working from their home offices.